This recipe is from Chef Osama. Chef Osama has his own cooking show in Dubai, he is a Food author and a culinary consultant. He has written a few cookbooks. I have tried many of his delicious recipes including this orange cake. You can find Chef Osama on Facebook Chef Osama or his website website chef Osama. If you like this cake add him to your Facebook page! You cam find his recipes both in English and Arabic.
Photo below belongs to Chef Osama,
Ingredients/ for Cake
1 3/4 Cups sugar
4 Cups all-purpose flour
1/3 Cup semolina flour
1 tablespoon baking powderSugar Syrup
2 Cups sugar
1 Cup water
1 Cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
Finely ground pistachios
● Pre-heat oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
● Grease 27cm (9 inches) cake pan with butter, dust with some flour, and shake off excess.
● In bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs on medium speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
● Mix all-purpose flour, semolina flour, and baking powder in large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, gradually fold into egg mixture until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
● Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
● Meanwhile, prepare Sugar Syrup: In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve sugar in water. Add cinnamon and orange zest. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Strain.
● When cake is done, pour syrup over warm cake in pan. Sprinkle generous amount of coconut over syrup-coated cake until completely covered.
● Invert cake onto a serving plate so sprinkled coconut is on bottom. Spread jam evenly on top, then garnish with alternate stripes of coconut and pistachios.